Dear PacMo Families,
As we officially kick off our PacMo Summer Program (hooray!) I’d like to take a moment to reflect on our amazing Recital 2018. As I look back, I could not be more proud or more grateful. Watching all of our dancers perform on stage are moments I wish I could experience over and over again, from our youngest classes, so bravely and beautifully dancing for the very first time on the big stage to our older dancers whose performances were the result of an abundance of hard work and unwavering dedication to dance. Every single one of you was simply fabulous!
And a very big thank you to our incredible parent volunteers who so graciously shared their time to help with decorations, concessions, gift sales, tickets and programs along with assisting our dancers backstage. It definitely takes a village, and our village is wonderful!
Last year was a year of small but important changes at Pacific Motion. Early in the New Year we revamped the studio’s mission statement and realigned our Performance Company with this mission “to create and support confident, healthy, and passionate dancers who are committed to excellence in dance.” Our mission also guided how we designed our summer programs, our Season 4 classes and paved the way for so many awesome events, from our Preschool Week to our upcoming Back-to-Dance Event to next season’s PacMo Production. And there is so much more in store for our Pacific Motion Families!! Make sure to stay connected via the PacMo Community Facebook page and our Instagram account.
If you haven’t already heard, PacMo is the place to be this summer! It’s not too late to sign up for one of our classes, camps, preschool mini camps or dance intensives! Why dance over the summer? Here are 5 quick reasons:
1. It’s a great way to keep up your dance technique. It takes a dancer roughly 6 weeks to get into “dance shape” and just 3 weeks to lose most of that progress. Dancers who work over the summer can head into the fall in prime dancing condition.
2. Smaller class sizes over the summer mean more individual attention.
3. It’s the perfect time to try new dance styles and/or incorporate fun themes into your dancing, such as our Circus Acrobat Camp or our Triple Threat Broadway Dance Intensive.
4. You can meet new friends! Hooray for friends!
5. You get to dance! Dance is a lifestyle. Summer is a time of fewer obligations from school and other activities. Dance all summer long and see how much progress you can make!
Our Summer Program runs through August 17th and then we will take a short week off for staff training and a studio revamp. Save the date on Saturday, August 25th from 11am-2pm for our Back-to-Dance Party featuring a Dancin’ Soul Pop Up Shop, free dance classes, raffles and treats! We will also be announcing the theme of our next PacMo Production. You don’t want to miss this!
Season 4 classes officially begin on August 27th. We will be closed on Monday, September 3rd, for Labor Day.
As always, thank you for your incredible support of our PacMo community! I’m looking forward to another season of learning, dance and FUN!